Mindfulness meditation promotes well-being from the inside-out. Through practice, we train our heart and mind to experience more freedom, awareness, and compassion. Research has shown that mindfulness benefits those struggling with depression, anxiety, emotional regulation, distractibility, high sensitivity, and difficult life transitions. During these uncertain times, many are turning to mindfulness practices as a refuge in the storm that offers grounding, clarity, and resilience.
But where to start? There’s so much information available about mindfulness meditation that it can feel overwhelming – and impersonal. Confusing. (Am I doing it right?) I’m here to help by making mindfulness meditation more relatable, accessible, and inviting.
I offer group classes (delivered online, through Zoom, and in-person), customized workshops, guided meditation sessions, and individual mentorship designed to help you develop a fruitful practice that suits your personality, lifestyle, and the unique and shifting challenges of our “new normal”. And I’m excited to announce that my online self-study program, Resource Your Life with the Magic of Mindfulness, is open for enrollment!
One of the benefits of working with me (as opposed to well-known meditation teachers with large followings) is the relational aspect that leaves you feeling truly supported, known, and valued. Participants in my courses marvel at how well-suited my teaching style is for the Zoom environment and how safe, supportive, and personal a space I’m able to create – as if we’re actually in the same room.
I’ve delivered hundreds of mindfulness meditation classes (including my six-week foundational course series) and guided meditations through public libraries large and small. (References available upon request.) I appreciate being able to offer the medicine of these teachings now, when it is needed more than ever, and welcome opportunities to partner with other venues, including schools, health care facilities, and businesses.
From a course participant:
“You seem to be able to drop my anxieties to zero. You are teaching me to observe my inner beast rather than battle it. And this beast that drones on about my failings and fears is not very nice. It causes me to lose sleep frequently between 2 and 4 am, which also makes me sleepy during the day.”
Visit my events calendar for information about my upcoming programs.
In my Foundations of Mindfulness Meditation course, you will:
- Explore the foundations and benefits of mindfulness meditation
- Learn valuable mindfulness skills and tools
- Receive practical support for developing or fine-tuning a daily meditation practice
- Practice mindfulness of breath, body, feelings, and thoughts
- Understand the importance of embodying mindfulness with loving awareness
- Apply mindfulness skills to meeting life’s challenges and building resilience
- Learn strategies to step out of reactivity and respond wisely
- Awaken to mindfulness and compassion when you’re in the thick of difficulty
- Dramatically shift the experience of your life, the people in it, and the world itself.
Each class session includes an instructional talk, guided practice, and Q&A/discussion. Whether or not you speak in class is completely up to you. Following each of the foundational classes, you receive access to participants-only pages on my website that contain a wealth of information and recommendations for practice in-between sessions.
I also offer workshops, courses, and series on:
- Mindfulness in Nature
- Mindfulness with Children
- Mindful Storytime (children’s program)
- Mindful Photography
- Mindful Practices for Calming and Soothing
- Decluttering the Mind
- Engaging Mindfully with Stubborn Thoughts and Limiting Beliefs
- Engaging Mindfully with Challenging Emotions
- Integrating Mindfulness Practice with Daily Life
- Mindful Self-Compassion
- Cultivating Gratitude
- The Importance of Lovingkindness in Mindfulness Practice
- Cultivating Lovingkindness Towards Difficult People
- Walking Meditation
- Mindfulness of Technology
- Mindful Communication
- Mindful Decluttering
- Mindful Eating
- Many other mindful topics
Why work with me?
I have nearly 30 years of experience and credentials in meditation and mindfulness that include:
- My own mindfulness practice (daily meditation and regular retreats)
- Loving, connected presence and nurturing teaching style
- Completion of the Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Certification Program with Tara Brach and Jack Kornfield
- Teacher on Insight Timer app
- Experience designing and implementing mindfulness instruction for early childhood classrooms
- Experience designing and delivering mindfulness meditation courses for adults
- Personal understanding of how meditation practice can be adapted to different situations and seasons of life
- Completion of Jon Kabat-Zinn’s Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program
- Graduate work in transpersonal psychology, social work, and education
- Ongoing professional development, including trauma-sensitive mindfulness
- Professional member of International Mindfulness Teachers Association (IMTA)
- 30+ years working 1:1 with a spiritual/meditation mentor.
I design instruction to inspire practice, to provide clarity about how to practice, to build your confidence in your capacity to practice, and to strengthen your faith in your innate wisdom and compassion. I believe deeply in the place that remains unbroken within us all.
In addition to in-person and online group programs and guided meditations, I offer one-on-one Meditation Out-Loud and personal mentorship sessions to support individuals in their formal practice of mindfulness and heart meditations and to deepen their skills.
Here is a snippet from one of my online courses:
Please contact me if you’d like to receive information about upcoming programs, or for more information about mindfulness instruction for individuals and groups of adults or children. I value eliminating financial barriers so more people can practice mindfulness and experience greater freedom. This is why many of my programs are delivered to the public free of charge through libraries.
Here’s what participants in my mindfulness meditation courses have to say:
Free Guided Meditations
My guided mindfulness meditations have moved! To access them, please sign up below.
Receive Your Free Meditations
Sign up for writing and updates from Susan, and receive immediate access to her guided mindfulness meditations.
We respect your privacy and will not share your information.
Thanks for subscribing, and welcome! Expect some inspiring and uplifting emails headed your way! Also, be sure to check your inbox for an email explaining how to access your free, guided meditations.
"You are the bows from which your childrenAs living arrows are sent forthThe archer sees the mark upon the path of the infiniteAnd he bends you with his might That his arrows may go swift and far." -Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet If she were still in physical form, my mom...
There are so many ways you can support your favorite small businesses, and many of them don't cost anything at all! The following list is the product of my greatest wishes and frustrations - and a little research, commiserating, and brainstorming, too. As a...