Mindfulness meditation promotes well-being from the inside-out. Through practice, we train our heart and mind to experience more freedom, awareness, and compassion. Research has shown that mindfulness benefits those struggling with depression, anxiety, emotional regulation, distractibility, high sensitivity, and difficult life transitions. During these uncertain times, many are turning to mindfulness practices as a refuge in the storm that offers grounding, clarity, and resilience.
But where to start? There’s so much information available about mindfulness meditation that it can feel overwhelming – and impersonal. Confusing. (Am I doing it right?) I’m here to help by making mindfulness meditation more relatable, accessible, and inviting.
I offer group classes (delivered online, through Zoom, and when it’s safe to do so, in-person), customized workshops, guided meditation sessions, and individual mentorship designed to help you develop a fruitful practice that suits your personality, lifestyle, and the unique and shifting challenges of our “new normal”. And I’m excited to announce that my online self-study course, Resource Your Life with the Magic of Mindfulness, is open for enrollment!
One of the benefits of working with me (as opposed to well-known meditation teachers with large followings) is the relational aspect that leaves you feeling truly supported, known, and valued. Participants in my courses marvel at how well-suited my teaching style is for the Zoom environment and how safe, supportive, and personal a space I’m able to create – as if we’re actually in the same room.
I’ve taught my five- to six-week Foundations of Mindfulness Meditation course and offered guided meditation sessions via Zoom countless times for libraries large and small. (References available upon request.) I appreciate being able to offer the medicine of these teachings now, when it is needed more than ever, and welcome opportunities to partner with other venues.
From a course participant:
“You seem to be able to drop my anxieties to zero. You are teaching me to observe my inner beast rather than battle it. And this beast that drones on about my failings and fears is not very nice. It causes me to lose sleep frequently between 2 and 4 am, which also makes me sleepy during the day.”
Visit my events calendar for information about my upcoming programs.
In my Foundations of Mindfulness Meditation course, you will:
- explore the foundations and benefits of mindfulness meditation
- learn valuable mindfulness skills and tools
- receive practical support for developing or fine-tuning a daily meditation practice
- practice mindfulness of breath, body, feelings, and thoughts
- understand the importance of embodying mindfulness with loving awareness
- apply mindfulness skills to meeting life’s challenges and building resilience
- learn strategies to step out of reactivity and respond wisely
- awaken to mindfulness and compassion when you’re in the thick of difficulty
- dramatically shift the experience of your life, the people in it, and the world itself.
Each class session includes an instructional talk, guided practice, and Q&A/discussion. Whether or not you speak in class is completely up to you. Following each class, you receive access to participants-only pages on my website that contain a wealth of information and recommendations for practice in-between sessions.
I also offer workshops, courses, and series on:
- Mindfulness with Children
- Mindful Practices for Calming and Soothing
- Decluttering the Mind
- Engaging Mindfully with Stubborn Thoughts and Limiting Beliefs
- Engaging Mindfully with Challenging Emotions
- Integrating Mindfulness Practice with Daily Life
- Mindful Self-Compassion
- Cultivating Gratitude
- The Importance of Lovingkindness in Mindfulness Practice
- Cultivating Lovingkindness Towards Difficult People
- Mindfulness of Technology
- Mindful Communication
- Mindful Photography
- Mindful Decluttering
- Mindful Eating
Why work with me?
I have nearly 30 years of experience and credentials in meditation and mindfulness that include:
- my own mindfulness practice (daily meditation and regular retreats)
- loving, connected presence and nurturing teaching style
- completion of the Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Certification Program with Tara Brach and Jack Kornfield
- teacher on Insight Timer app
- experience designing and implementing mindfulness instruction for early childhood classrooms
- experience designing and delivering mindfulness meditation courses for adults
- personal understanding of how meditation practice can be adapted to different situations and seasons of life
- completion of Jon Kabat-Zinn’s Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program
- graduate work in transpersonal psychology, social work, and education
- professional development in trauma-sensitive mindfulness
- professional member of International Mindfulness Teachers Association (IMTA)
- 30+ years working 1:1 with a spiritual/meditation mentor.
I design instruction to inspire practice, to provide clarity about how to practice, to build your confidence in your capacity to practice, and to strengthen your faith in your innate wisdom and compassion. I believe deeply in the place that remains unbroken within us all.
In addition to in-person and online group courses and guided meditations, I offer one-on-one Meditation Out-Loud and personal mentorship sessions to support individuals in their formal practice of mindfulness and heart meditations and to deepen their skills.
Here is a snippet from one of my online courses:
Please contact me if you’d like to receive information about upcoming courses, or for more information about mindfulness instruction for individuals and groups of adults or children.
Here’s what participants in my mindfulness meditation courses have to say:
Free Guided Meditations
My guided mindfulness meditations have moved! To access them, please sign up below.
Receive Your Free Meditations
Sign up for writing and updates from Susan, and receive immediate access to her guided mindfulness meditations.
We respect your privacy and will not share your information.
Thanks for subscribing, and welcome! Expect some inspiring and uplifting emails headed your way! Also, be sure to check your inbox for an email explaining how to access your free, guided meditations.
Today I woke up feeling inspired to write about something that's been on my mind big-time. It was the topic of my most recent meditation class. It's the point I wanted to get across to my granddaughter when we talked on the Telephone of the Wind. It's a heartfelt...
Over the summer, my son’s pet rabbit died. My five-year-old granddaughter loved to visit Toulouse every time she came over, and as far as I'm aware, it was her first brush with death. We've had many talks about death. She loves seeing pictures of my parents and...